The office of the Executive Secretary of Abians in Diaspora Commission ( ADCOM), Dr. Mrs. Ngozi Ogbonna-Erondu celebrated the International Day of the Girlchild today with the students of Ndiolumbe comprehensive secondary school, Isi Ala Ngwa South .
The students – boys and girls together were given a talk on the theme: Our time is now – our rights, our future”.
The speaker spoke on the 10 listed International Rights of the girls which are;
- Right to equal opportunities and facilities
- Right to survival and development of potential
- Right to be protected against abuse and discrimination
- Right to identity
- Right to equality
- Right to earn a fair and equal wage
- Right to being protected from trafficking and forced labour
- Right to full participation in family, cultural and social life
- Right to education
- Right to protection from harmful influences, culture, and exploitation practices
The boys listened attentively and agreed that they will be promoters of a fair and equal society. And they promised to carry it through even in their homes; they’ll call for a balance on gender issues.
In between, all the students were given refreshments, the girls were gifted packs of sanitary pads. The students expressed joy and satisfaction.
The principal Mrs. Ubani was visibly elated at the event, and she conveyed her gratitude to the Executive Secretary, and said that such a program is timely , and acutely necessary. She was grateful for the impact on her students.
Happy International Day of the Girlchild! 🎊🎉🎊🥰